Sep 30, 2010

Thanks!

I want to say a big THANKS to Lauren Testa and Laura Cali in Brooklyn for inviting me to participate in their show Perceptions of Character at Littlefield Gallery in Brooklyn NY, which closed this Sunday.
Although I can't say I had the pleasure of attending the show in person, the did a wonderful job curating and I looked GREAT from all the pictures!
I have to say they did a particularly good job choosing the image for the postcard! That's my painting! wooooooo!


Here is the description of the show:
Perceptions of Character

Thirteen artists were asked to consider the question, “What are you made of?” The answers are a culmination of how we perceive each other as people & artists, as well as the narrow line between reality & fantasy; a diverse representation of the artists & the curious world in which they’ve created to live. Curated by Lauren Testa & Laura Cali. Exhibit thru September 26.

And here is my contribution, in writing:
Jess Rees is a Seattle based artist who is interested in exploring sense of place and self though installation, sculpture, and drawing. Her lifelong quest of urban naturalism is best expressed in her interest in breaking the perceived boundaries between natural and urban and exploring all aspects of where one lives and fits into the cosmic scene – internally and externally, through ecology, biology, architecture, psychology, history and art.

No comments: